The Maine Sustainable Agriculture Society has developed a excel-based budgeting and planning tool. The tool is particularly useful for long term infrastructure and for planning multi year projects such as :
- planning new infrastructure or add ons to existing structures
- production planning, cropping plans and rotations within the year
- tracking depreciation on infrastructure
- understanding labor costs
- measuring carbon emissions
- projecting yield goals and tracking progress
It integrates pages for fixed infrastructure costs with a page for annual crop planning as well as pages for tracking energy, heating and even carbon emissions into useful metrics for your budget and planning purposes. It is available to download for free.